An accelerator are chemicals that reduce the initial set time of concrete and are recommended in cold weather. An admixture is recommended for use in concrete applications where accelerated time of setting and increased early strengths are desired.
An accelerator provides the following advantages:
- Accelerated setting time across a wide range of temperatures
- Earlier finishing of flatwork
- Earlier stripping and reuse of forms
- Earlier finishing of slabs at reduced labor costs
- Increased early and ultimate compressive and flexural strength